POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Statistic file output for partial renderings Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Statistic file output for partial renderings (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Statistic file output for partial renderings
Date: 28 May 2004 05:54:37
Message: <40b70c5c@news.povray.org>
Hi guys

How can I get partial statistic output when a rendering is aborted before
finishing? I have a long trace that I render in ten or twelve hour sessions
(at night) and usually have to abort it in the mornings to use my PC in
Windows, then back into Linux at night for the next session. I am looking
for a way to get statistics out (I have currently INI'd them to a
tracename.stat file) of each render session. At the moment Pov just gives
me a stat readout on the LAST session, i. e. the one that finishes the
trace. Intermediate sessions just leave an empty .stat file when aborted.

I have scrutinzed the docs minutely but I can't find anything in there. IS
there a way to force POV to give partial trace statistics, or is this one
of those "wouldn't it be nice if this was a feature of the next version"
type of questions?
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician