POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : question concernig uv_ mapping Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  question concernig uv_ mapping (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
Subject: question concernig uv_ mapping
Date: 28 Apr 2004 10:18:39
Message: <408fbd3f$1@news.povray.org>
Hello (sorry for my english, I'm french :-p),

I'm working on POVRAY for few time, and there is something I'm not able to
obtain: I have a very complex object, made on a CAD program (Pro Engineer),
and I'd like to apply a carbon texture on it with a realistic render.I have
followed the tutorial of Oxonale :
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/tutuv.htm , a very good tutorial
but I have still a problem: I can't save a constant scale of the texture on
each triangles because they are very deformed on the uv_map. So the result
is that I have a variable weaving of my carbon on the surface... It's not
very realistic. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks a lot.

Post a reply to this message