POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to hide interface between merged objects? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:08:26 EDT (-0400)
  how to hide interface between merged objects? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: tomlee
Subject: how to hide interface between merged objects?
Date: 11 Apr 2004 09:24:49
Message: <web.407900fd27068172668ad840@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I want to render only the exterior surface after merging two
semi-transparent objects.  Although the original sruface of each object
inside the CSG is not traced, pov-ray traces a new surface that intersects
the two objects.  Is there a way to hide this interface?

Tom

Post a reply to this message

> I want to render only the exterior surface after merging two
> semi-transparent objects.  Although the original sruface of each object
> inside the CSG is not traced, pov-ray traces a new surface that intersects
> the two objects.  Is there a way to hide this interface?

If you use "merge" this should not be the case, all inner surfaces get
removed. Can you post a minimal scene example that shows your problem?
Maybe you just have to increase max_tracelevel?

- Micha

--
POV-Ray Objects Collection: http://objects.povworld.org

Post a reply to this message

> I want to render only the exterior surface after merging two
> semi-transparent objects.  Although the original sruface of each object
> inside the CSG is not traced, pov-ray traces a new surface that intersects
> the two objects.  Is there a way to hide this interface?

  It may help understanding what you mean if you post a short example
scene showing the effect you are talking about.