POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [wish] blank output Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  [wish] blank output (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: [wish] blank output
Date: 7 Apr 2004 16:01:26
Message: <Xns94C4DF7EDB9C0raf256com@203.29.75.35>
small request,
in partial rendering (starrow, endrow) could the blank (not rendered) part
of image be black, and could resulting image have full size (instead of
putting rendered part at top of resulting graphics file)?

In addition I suggest an option that will not allow to output pure black
(0,0,0 rgb).

In this case (0,0,0) rgb will work as magic "not-rendered" color and it
would make putting partial renders togeather very easy.

To summ up, an option i.e. +MO (magic output) will effect output file:
  - to be PPM format (only this and .bmp do not have problems to open if
render was aborted)
  - image will be filled with (rgb 0,0,0) pixels at start
  - then selected pixels would be rendered and put in corresponding
positions in output file. And if any of rendered pixels is (rgb 0,0,0) it
would be converted to (rgb 1,1,1) (in 0..255 range).

I also suggest an option +MM mask_file_name (magic mask), program will read
mask_file, and will render only this pixels, for witch corresponding pixels
in mask_file are equal (0,0,0). This  way not only this works as better
addition to continue trace, but also it allows to render any part of image
(i.e. two rectangonal regions + one circle) with can be usefull IMHO both
in render farms and in working with previews.

Any comments?  If anyone finds this interesting I would like to create and
donate such code.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/