POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invisible blocking objects?? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Invisible blocking objects?? (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: James Bulgin
Subject: Invisible blocking objects??
Date: 10 Apr 2004 12:58:56
Message: <407827d0$1@news.povray.org>
I'm wondering if there's a way to do this. I want an object that is itself
invisible, but will block the view of certain other objects in the scene
(only specific objects) as if it were a solid object in front of them. This
is basically so that I can overlay a pov animation onto actual recorded
video and have certain pov objects orbiting an actual physical object.

Basically, the plan was to create an object roughly in the shape of the
physical object, and have it block the orbiting objects as the pass behind
it so that when the clips were merged it would appear as though the pov
object was moving behind the real one. Is there some easy way to pull this
off?

Post a reply to this message