POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [PB] global media and sky_sphere (background) bug? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  [PB] global media and sky_sphere (background) bug? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Hughes, B
Subject: [PB] global media and sky_sphere (background) bug?
Date: 28 Mar 2004 20:28:09
Message: <40677ba9$1@news.povray.org>
Simple test scene showing the possible bug.

/* BEGIN TEST of spherical media method 3 spotlight artifact */

// background {rgb 0.5}
// or sky
sky_sphere {
 pigment {
  gradient z
  color_map {
   [0 color rgb <1,0,0>]
   [1 color rgb <0,1,0>]
  }
 }
}

light_source {
 -10*z, color rgb 1
 spotlight radius 9 falloff 12 point_at z
 rotate <30,30,0>
}

camera {
 location -15*z
 look_at 0
}

media {
 // method 3
 // intervals 10
 // samples 25
   scattering { 2, rgb 1 extinction 1 }
   density {
     spherical
 color_map {
       [0.0 rgb 0]
       [0.5 rgb 0.05]
       [1.0 rgb 0.1]
     }
 scale 5
   }
}

sphere {0,1 pigment {rgb <1,1,0>}}
/* END TEST */

This would seem to affect only situations where all the following things are
used: spotlight, global and spherical patterned media, media type 3
(default), sky_sphere or background.

If anyone would like to confirm this I'll go ahead with sending it in as a
found bug. Or, if it is already known by anyone as being a current bug I'd
appreciate hearing that too.

--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com