POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can't make object shadowless Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Can't make object shadowless (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: dt731
Subject: Can't make object shadowless
Date: 19 Mar 2004 18:36:18
Message: <hgum505v3ifs97661oof92mhtitp1qfd5g@4ax.com>
The following code produces a sphere with a hole going through the
middle, and the sphere is semi-transparent so the hole can be seen.

The problem I am having is I can't stop the shadow from occurring on
the sphere from the cylinder object.

I know I can make the lightsource shadowless, but then I don't get the
shadow from the sphere on the plane.

The no_shadow keyword does not work for an object when it is inside a
difference command.

Help is appreciated.
DeLeon

*** CODE BELOW ***

# include "colors.inc"

#declare CamLoc = < 0,2,-2.5>;

camera {
	location CamLoc
	look_at < 0, 0, 0>
}

light_source {CamLoc color White*1.2}
light_source {<50, 50,75> color White*1.7}

plane { <0, 1, 0>, -1
    pigment {
      checker color Red * 0.5, color Blue * 0.5
    }
  }

difference {
    sphere {<0, 0, 0>,