POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : XFrog and POVray Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  XFrog and POVray (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Michael Robison
Subject: XFrog and POVray
Date: 13 Mar 2004 19:46:35
Message: <4053ab6b@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I notice a 3D magazine with a full copy of XFrog available.  Is there a
conversion
program to export XFrog to POVray?  I searched the povray.org website and I
didn't find anything, but I could swear I remember somebody mentioning a
con-
version utility.

Thank you, Michael

Post a reply to this message

"Michael Robison" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in

> Is there a conversion program to export XFrog to POVray?

I have never done it, but this:
http://www.google.com/search?q=convert+XFrog+to+POVray

returned this:
http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/links.htm

--
Tom
_________________________________

Post a reply to this message

You can export from xfrog in obj format and convert with Poseray, which will
give you a POV mesh2 file.

--
Doug Eichenberg
www.getinfo.net/douge
Tom Galvin <tom### [at] imporg> wrote in message
> "Michael Robison" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in
> >
> > Is there a conversion program to export XFrog to POVray?
> >

> I have never done it, but this:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=convert+XFrog+to+POVray
>
> returned this:
> http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/links.htm
>

> --
> Tom
> _________________________________
> The Internet Movie Project
> http://www.imp.org/

Post a reply to this message

"Michael Robison" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in message
> I notice a 3D magazine with a full copy of XFrog available

Do you know which version of XFrog it was? IIRC, version
3.02 *doesn't* have a .obj export function. For this you
need to get XFrog 3.5.

Cheers,
Ian

Post a reply to this message

> I notice a 3D magazine with a full copy of XFrog available.  Is there a
> conversion
> program to export XFrog to POVray?  I searched the povray.org website and
> didn't find anything, but I could swear I remember somebody mentioning a
> con- version utility.

If you're using 3.5, this tutorial could be useful. I don't think there's a
direct xfr->POV-Ray converter anyway. It's necessary to export as OBJ or 3DS
first.
http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/xfrog.htm

G.
--
**********************
http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

Which 3d magazine? xfrog has looked really cool in all of Gilles' uses.
That's my only exposure to it though.

r.

"Michael Robison" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I notice a 3D magazine with a full copy of XFrog available.  Is there a
> conversion
> program to export XFrog to POVray?  I searched the povray.org website and
> didn't find anything, but I could swear I remember somebody mentioning a
> con-
> version utility.
>
> Thank you, Michael

Post a reply to this message