POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : web view of news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  web view of news.povray.org (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ross Litscher
Subject: web view of news.povray.org
Date: 10 Mar 2004 18:12:18
Message: <404fa0d2$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all, I've been mostly lurking for the past few months after moving to
a new state. I havn't posting anything in p.b.i. in a long time but glad to
still see some familiar people and new folk too. I've still been raytracing
in my spare time, I actually think i've got a bug in 3.5 to report, but I
need to test it out a little more, i'll leave that conversation for another
day. Maybe tommorow if i remember to make a floppy of the snippet of code,
and resulting image. alas! i'm sidetracked already.

In any event, I primarily use the web view of the newsgroups, but it seems
posting is disabled, "Posting will be available again in a few days. Please
be patient!" While I am patient, as much as any other raytracer learns to
be, I am curious if there is a rough guess at when this feature might be
back. Even though I've set up my newsreader to ask this question, I still
would prefer to use the web view, as to not mingle personal messages in with
my work computer.

Just to note, I wouldn't be completely surprised if it were an error in my
web browser configuration that wasn't allowing me to post. I didnt use the
web view to post to often, and never on my current computer. I'm not sure I
even remember my login info for the web view, it also does look like there
is any place to login, if in fact I wanted to. Please direct me to the
appropriate group if this conversation is more suitable elsewhere.

happy tracing!
ross

Post a reply to this message