POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mesh question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Court-Jus
Subject: Mesh question
Date: 4 Mar 2004 03:21:18
Message: <4046e6fe$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've downloaded an object file that consists as a list of vertices with
color in this format :

x y z r g b

and then a list of triangles with references to the vertices like that :

id_vert1 id_vert2 id_vert3

is there a way to use that sort of object in povray ???

thanks

--
:wq
Court-Jus

Post a reply to this message

Court-Jus <new### [at] court-jusnet> wrote:
> I've downloaded an object file that consists as a list of vertices with
> color in this format :

> x y z r g b

> and then a list of triangles with references to the vertices like that :

> id_vert1 id_vert2 id_vert3

> is there a way to use that sort of object in povray ???

  If you append a comma to every value, you can read them from POV-Ray
and create an appropriate mesh.
  For reading the values, see the help about #fopen and #read.