POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Distorted imeges Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  Distorted imeges (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Gianluca Massaccesi
Subject: Distorted imeges
Date: 23 Feb 2004 04:32:57
Message: <4039c8c9@news.povray.org>
I have a problem of distortion of images (for example making a circle and it
will appear as an ellipse)
.

This is due to 2 facts:

1. using a 320x200 resolution
2. changing the coordinate system with the camera option "up" and "right" as
below.

camera {
    location <0,0,0>
     look_at <0,25,0>
    up    <0,0,1>
    right  <-1,0,0>
  }

I can work around in the case 1 (avoiding using this resolution).
A more serious problem is the case 2, as I have to interface with cad files
and systems with z ax pointing up.

Could somebody help me?

Thank you very much.

Post a reply to this message