POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spline animation question... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Spline animation question... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Carl Hoff
Subject: Spline animation question...
Date: 19 Feb 2004 09:49:03
Message: <4034ccdf@news.povray.org>
To see what prompted this post see my thread called "Light Cycle animation
questions..." over in the newusers area.

I'm trying to make an animation that copies the effect of the "3D Pipes"
screen saver.  Say for example I define this path:

spline {
  linear_spline
  5,
  0.0, <0,0,0>
  0.1, <0,0,1>
  0.3, <2,0,1>
  0.6, <2,3,1>
  1.0, <2,3,5>
}

I want to draw a sphere_sweep over a percentage of this spline that varies
with the clock value.  What's the best general way to do that?  I'd like to
be able to define other paths and be able to use the same macro.

After that problem is solved I'd like to be able to put a vehicle in front
of the spline that appears to be leaving it as a trail.  I know how to
define 'forward' along the spline but how do I define 'up' so that I know
how to orientate my vehicle.

I hope I've defined my problems clearly,
Carl

Post a reply to this message