POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : are radiosity files resolution-dependent? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  are radiosity files resolution-dependent? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Peter MacMurchy
Subject: are radiosity files resolution-dependent?
Date: 29 Jan 2004 13:23:05
Message: <40194F88.2FC21052@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
To speed up my distributed rendering, I aim to take the suggestion of
various users here to save radiosity data once and use "load_file"
thereafter.  Can i safely save radiosity data computed at one resolution
and apply it to a render of the same scene at a different resolution?

Post a reply to this message

> To speed up my distributed rendering, I aim to take the suggestion of
> various users here to save radiosity data once and use "load_file"
> thereafter.  Can i safely save radiosity data computed at one resolution
> and apply it to a render of the same scene at a different resolution?

Yes, you can, but this does not mean that the radiosity file generated
by a render at a certain resolution is identical to that at a different
resolution.  Especially the number of samples taken during final trace
even when load_file is used will be larger at larger resolutions of course.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______