POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : MORAY scene backgrounds Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  MORAY scene backgrounds (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Scott M
Subject: MORAY scene backgrounds
Date: 18 Jan 2004 17:00:03
Message: <web.400b01762dd2413c9d546c640@news.povray.org>
I have d/l several models for MORAY.  Is there a simple
way to insert a background, like say a space scene behind
a ship?  Any help most appreciated.

Thank you.
Scott M
erl### [at] earthlinknet

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: MORAY scene backgrounds
Date: 18 Jan 2004 18:24:16
Message: <400b15a0$1@news.povray.org>
Scott M wrote:
> I have d/l several models for MORAY.  Is there a simple
> way to insert a background, like say a space scene behind
> a ship?  Any help most appreciated.

Throw a sphere with an environment map of some sort around
the scene.

Post a reply to this message

> > I have d/l several models for MORAY.  Is there a simple
> > way to insert a background, like say a space scene behind
> > a ship?  Any help most appreciated.
>
> Throw a sphere with an environment map of some sort around
> the scene.

What is an "environment map"? I can't find any reference to it in the
docs.

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message