POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : intersecting cylinders Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  intersecting cylinders (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Paul Bourke
Subject: intersecting cylinders
Date: 27 Dec 2003 03:23:02
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-DC9DBC.19230027122003@netplex.aussie.org>
Someone asked me the other day about equal edge length tessellations
of a sphere and I had an idea, which didn't work out, but resulted in
some nice pictures
    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/surfaces/cylinders/
--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au

Post a reply to this message

From: Remco de Korte
Subject: Re: intersecting cylinders
Date: 27 Dec 2003 06:45:02
Message: <3FED7084.FA93A7AA@onwijs.com>
Paul Bourke wrote:

> Someone asked me the other day about equal edge length tessellations
> of a sphere and I had an idea, which didn't work out, but resulted in
> some nice pictures
>     http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/surfaces/cylinders/
> --
> Paul Bourke
> pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au

Interesting, especially with the two last ones included...

Remco

Post a reply to this message

Paul Bourke <pdb### [at] swineduau> wrote:

>Someone asked me the other day about equal edge length tessellations
>of a sphere and I had an idea, which didn't work out, but resulted in
>some nice pictures
>    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/surfaces/cylinders/

Nice (BTW the "Steinmetz Solid" link at the top is a dead link).

Andreas