POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Which compiler compiled the POV Windows binary? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Which compiler compiled the POV Windows binary? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bob Zigon
Subject: Which compiler compiled the POV Windows binary?
Date: 13 Dec 2003 10:16:47
Message: <3fdb2d5f$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know? Was it a Microsoft compiler?

We are buying a copy of the Intel C compiler and it is supposed to do a
better job of code generation for
floating point.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Dec 2003 10:39:46
Message: <3fdb32c2$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3fdb2d5f$1@news.povray.org> , "Bob Zigon"
<nos### [at] iquestnet> wrote:

> Does anyone know? Was it a Microsoft compiler?

Did you consider looking at the source code archive?  It is trivial to find
out there.  Not that the binary doesn't implicitly tell you already, just
like a quick search in these groups would...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

"Bob Zigon" <nos### [at] iquestnet> wrote in message
> Does anyone know? Was it a Microsoft compiler?

It was the intel compiler.