POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : small POV project request ? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  small POV project request ? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Geoff
Subject: small POV project request ?
Date: 7 Dec 2003 12:23:35
Message: <3fd36217@news.povray.org>
Hello

I was just wondering if anyone fancies doing a little POV/Moray project as a
favour for me and as a little POV practise ?
For an urgent programming project I need 2 graphics that I cant find from
anywhere at the moment. The two items I need
are :

1) Panel mount type Silver Toggle switch
Front on view with the  switch in the up position (I can flip the image for
the down position)

2) Red Circular alarm type lamp
Front on view, 2 images illuminated and off  (approx 1/4 inch dia)

It is about 2 years since I last dabbled in POV it would take me too long to
get proficient enough again to get a decent result.
A long shot I know, but thanks if anyone fancies having a go at this for me.

         Regards Geoff

Post a reply to this message

> 1) Panel mount type Silver Toggle switch
> Front on view with the  switch in the up position (I can
flip the image for
> the down position)

I'd say you'll need both positions rendered otherwise the
shadows and shading will flip with the image and look wrong.

Post a reply to this message

> I'd say you'll need both positions rendered otherwise the
> shadows and shading will flip with the image and look wrong.

Yes you are correct of course, but I was trying to make it sound like less
work so someone might kindly volunteer :-)

        Geoff