POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : global_settings { ambient_light rgb 0} Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  global_settings { ambient_light rgb 0} (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: global_settings { ambient_light rgb 0}
Date: 20 Nov 2003 22:03:02
Message: <3fbd8066$1@news.povray.org>
Use of this statement and a very bright light gives a cool nighttime effect.

However, I also have a caption which I want to appear: it has a
finish{ambient 1}.

Any clues on a workaround?

Post a reply to this message

From: Slime
Subject: Re: global_settings { ambient_light rgb 0}
Date: 20 Nov 2003 22:13:47
Message: <3fbd82eb$1@news.povray.org>
> However, I also have a caption which I want to appear: it has a
> finish{ambient 1}.
>
> Any clues on a workaround?

Remove the global_settings { ambient_light rgb 0 } and put in

#default {texture {finish {ambient 0}}}

I might have the syntax wrong; if so, check the documentation for #default.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message