POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image map as tatoo Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Image map as tatoo (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Image map as tatoo
Date: 11 Nov 2003 22:47:57
Message: <3fb1ad6d$1@news.povray.org>
I have a png image with an area "masked out" in my pain program.  I want to
apply it as a tatoo on top of an existing texture.  Any pointers?

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Image map as tatoo
Date: 12 Nov 2003 02:58:35
Message: <3fb1e82b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi
doesn't

you_object{
texture {yet_existing_texture}
texture {your_image_map_texture}
}

fit your wishes?

Marc

From: gregjohn
Date: 12 Nov 2003 12:30:01
Message: <web.3fb26d4b2088e2e540d56c170@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:
>Hi
>doesn't
>
>you_object{
>texture {yet_existing_texture}
>texture {your_image_map_texture}
>}
>
>fit your wishes?
>
>Marc

I thought I tried exactly that, and it showed me "gray" where the PNG image
was "masked out".   Perhaps I need some other format than PNG??

Greg M> Johnson

Post a reply to this message

An other way: try extracting your mask towards a new image and use it for an
image_pattern
Marc

web.3fb26d4b2088e2e540d56c170@news.povray.org...
> Marc Jacquier wrote:
> >Hi
> >doesn't
> >
> >you_object{
> >texture {yet_existing_texture}
> >texture {your_image_map_texture}
> >}
> >
> >fit your wishes?
> >
> >Marc
>
> I thought I tried exactly that, and it showed me "gray" where the PNG
image
> was "masked out".   Perhaps I need some other format than PNG??
>
> Greg M> Johnson

Post a reply to this message