POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Looking for a Formula 1 car Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Looking for a Formula 1 car (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Pete Winnard
Subject: Looking for a Formula 1 car
Date: 7 Nov 2003 14:27:14
Message: <3fabf212$1@news.povray.org>
as topic

can anyone provide a sample of a formula 1 car or something like it ?

Thanks
Pete

Post a reply to this message

From: caffeinebill
Subject: Re: Looking for a Formula 1 car
Date: 7 Nov 2003 16:10:01
Message: <web.3fac07fec67788cad6c93cf30@news.povray.org>
Pete Winnard wrote:
>as topic
>
>can anyone provide a sample of a formula 1 car or something like it ?
>
>Thanks
>Pete

Try the following:

<a
href="http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Model_Sites/Large_Mixed_Collections/">http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Model_Sites/Large_Mixed_Collections/</a>

in general, and specificially, try:

<a
href="http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/vehicles.asp">http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/vehicles.asp</a>

These require a conversion utility from 3DS to POV.

Post a reply to this message

From: Marty
Date: 7 Nov 2003 23:24:43
Message: <3fac700b@news.povray.org>
while on this subject. is there any tutorials or actual povray files for
creating a car. im particulaly interested in the construction of the
objects for the car panels and wheels.

caffeinebill wrote:
> Pete Winnard wrote:
>
>>as topic
>>
>>can anyone provide a sample of a formula 1 car or something like it ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Pete
>>

> Try the following:
>
> <a

href="http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Model_Sites/Large_Mixed_Collections/">http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Model_Sites/Large_Mixed_Collections/</a>

> in general, and specificially, try:
>
> <a

href="http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/vehicles.asp">http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/vehicles.asp</a>

> These require a conversion utility from 3DS to POV.

Post a reply to this message

I don't know of any CSG tutorials relating to this, however there is an
SPatch tutorial for creating a bicubic patch based car.  SPatch can
export POV format files containing bicubic patches.  It can also output
to meshes and Moray as well if needed.

http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~btoll/s99/424/res/software/spatch/tutorial/spatch_tutor3.htm