POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : www.povray.org problem (fwd) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  www.povray.org problem (fwd) (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: www.povray.org problem (fwd)
Date: 3 Nov 2003 08:58:17
Message: <cjameshuff-563EAA.08575603112003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3FA### [at] freefr>,
 Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:

> 	I also could not connect to povray.org (http and news) during
> the whole thursday afternoon to saturday evening. It seems to be back
> again since sunday early morning. Anything else was accessed normally
> through my university connection. Did any of you developpers (Chris,
> Thorsten, Christoph, ...) could access it normally at that time ?

There was a period of time (several hours) around then where I couldn't
reach povray.org.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 3 Nov 2003 09:22:02
Message: <ji4i71-7k4.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Nicolas Calimet wrote:
>     I also could not connect to povray.org (http and news) during
> the whole thursday afternoon to saturday evening. It seems to be back
> again since sunday early morning. Anything else was accessed normally
> through my university connection. Did any of you developpers (Chris,
> Thorsten, Christoph, ...) could access it normally at that time ?

I could not connect for some time (less than a day) but this was over
even before this thread started IIRC.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 Nov 2003 11:25:03
Message: <3fa7d2df@news.povray.org>
> but I agree that this is/was not the problem of PovRay.org *server*, but
> the packets where lost quite far from my ISP (after international Telia
> provider) so the problem was localized near PovRay.org server.

A good test if you are wondering if the pov machine is having a problem
is to see if you can load www.ntplx.net - it's in the same building. If
it works and we don't, then there's an issue with the server. If it doesn't
then it's most likely elsewhere.

-- Chris