POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mesh2 to mesh Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  mesh2 to mesh (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: mesh2 to mesh
Date: 24 Sep 2003 20:32:39
Message: <cjameshuff-4E4539.20304924092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> What if POV-Ray internally expands the mesh2? If it does, that would take
> some parsing time.

The mesh2 syntax is closer to the internal format. It doesn't get
"expanded" to anything.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 25 Sep 2003 02:00:16
Message: <Xns9401516B8BF99seed7@netplex.aussie.org>
in news:3f72274e@news.povray.org Warp wrote:

>   Expands to what?

To an unoptimised mesh?

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 25 Sep 2003 10:48:21
Message: <cjameshuff-A6BD7B.10463325092003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <Xns### [at] netplexaussieorg>,
 ingo <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> To an unoptimised mesh?

And for what possible reason would it do that? You're talking about
adding yet another data structure for storing meshes, with the only
result being more work to read a mesh.