POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : LCDs and gamma Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  LCDs and gamma (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Alf Peake
Subject: LCDs and gamma
Date: 22 Aug 2003 06:56:26
Message: <3f45f6da@news.povray.org>
If you have an LCD display, what display_gamma do you use in your
povray.ini?

I'm using 1.4 but this produces an image which is too dark when viewed
on a crt. I found other threads here on this subject but no useful
answers.

With assumed_gamma 1 in a pov file, I'm unable to match renders on an
LCD box and crt box. "Another knot (48k)" posted in p.b.i was rendered
on LCD box and has bright colours.

I have an NEC LCD1760NX but the specs don't give its gamma.

--
Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/
http://www.qsl.net/gw3srg/