POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Converter: povray file into .dxf format? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 06:12:55 EDT (-0400)
  Converter: povray file into .dxf format? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Jarmo Pesonen
Subject: Converter: povray file into .dxf format?
Date: 21 Jul 2003 01:31:20
Message: <3f1b7aa8@news.povray.org>
Hi,

My problem is this: I make a printed circuit board (PCB) with Eagle layout
editor and save the board as .dxf format. Ok, but it contains only lenght
and width information for components, not height. But there is a add-on
package called Eagle3D which creates povray file from the board. This file
includes the three dimensional information for components. So has anyone
written a converter that could convert povray file into dxf format? If I
render the image with Povray the rendered image has the physical information
of components only visually..

-Jarmo

Post a reply to this message

> My problem is this: I make a printed circuit board (PCB) with Eagle layout
> editor and save the board as .dxf format. Ok, but it contains only lenght
> and width information for components, not height. But there is a add-on
> package called Eagle3D which creates povray file from the board. This file
> includes the three dimensional information for components. So has anyone
> written a converter that could convert povray file into dxf format? If I
> render the image with Povray the rendered image has the physical information
> of components only visually..

<http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/312/>

You might be lucky that the output of that program only uses POV-Ray 2.2
features...

On the other hand, I don't think that the information from the 3D converter
will always measure the exact height of all components. You are probably
served better if you get the data sheets for all the components and lookup
the exact height there.

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message