POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with bump maps Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:18:49 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with bump maps (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Andreas Kreisig
Subject: Problems with bump maps
Date: 1 Jul 2003 17:46:36
Message: <3f02013b@news.povray.org>
Hi folks,

A view days ago I posted my Diablo image on p.b.i and some of you said, that
the ground looks to flat. Indeed, the structure is not very well done. I
used an image with desaturated colors and increased contrast to make the
bump map. This is the code:

polygon {
    4,
    <0, 0>, <0, 30>, <30, 30>, <30, 0>

    pigment {
                image_map {jpeg "ground.jpg"}
                scale 12.0
                translate <2, 0, 0>
    }
    normal {
                bump_map {jpeg "ground-bump.jpg"}
                scale 12.0
                translate <2, 0, 0>
                bump_size 5.0
    }
    translate <-18, -10, 1.53>
}

But the bump effect is nearly unvisible. Something wrong with it?

Thanks & Regards,
Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com