POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pigment modulate Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  pigment modulate (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: phook
Subject: pigment modulate
Date: 1 Jul 2003 03:33:16
Message: <3f01393c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi

Im trying to transfer some OpenGl scene to Pov. But I have a small problem
replicating the texture modulation. I have been looking through the
documentation several times now, but cannot figure out how to do it (there
is obviously something I don't understand correctly).

The average function is close - but it averages instead of multiplying,
which is not what I am after.
Can anyone show me the trick?

Thanx in advance,
Poul

Post a reply to this message

> Im trying to transfer some OpenGl scene to Pov. But I have a small problem
> replicating the texture modulation. I have been looking through the
> documentation several times now, but cannot figure out how to do it (there
> is obviously something I don't understand correctly).
>
> The average function is close - but it averages instead of multiplying,
> which is not what I am after.
> Can anyone show me the trick?

    OpenGL is a vastly different rendering system, and not everything
has a direct analogue in POV. You would be better off just asking how to
get the effect you want.
    Anyway, you may be able to get what you want by layering a
transparent texture (using filter) on top of the base texture. Look up
"layered textures" in the manual.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/