POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Giving up internal pixel-post-processing... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Giving up internal pixel-post-processing... (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Giving up internal pixel-post-processing...
Date: 11 Jun 2003 11:57:07
Message: <3ee75153@news.povray.org>
So, after fiddling with matrix-transformations, angle-
calculations and resolution tests, I've found that
calculating a 512x384 Pixel screen (two triangles
per pixel) takes 10 and a half minutes just to check
for each pixel a ray-intersection with a sphere to
color the sphere... Doing even more elaborate calculations
of normals, shading etc in order to get the color-bleeding
effect the human eye has when viewing bright objects
would take even more time, and for larger images...

Ah well. I'll produce the code anyway. I actually wanted
it to just create color-bleeding for highlights, not just
bright objects, as a Paint-Program would do. Experiments
will have to be conducted on 80x60 pixel images... :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde