POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help Converting Pro/Desktop files to POV-Ray Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Help Converting Pro/Desktop files to POV-Ray (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jonathan Klein
Subject: Help Converting Pro/Desktop files to POV-Ray
Date: 7 Jun 2003 20:41:48
Message: <3ee2864c$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have been using Pro/DESKTOP Express to draw some 3D models. I would like
to create some decent jpg pictures of different views of my model.
Unfortunately PD Express does not have the imaging utility enabled (since it
it free software) so good quality images cannot be produced.

I have decided to try and use POV-Ray to produce some images. However, now I
must figure out how to get my 3D model from PD Express to POV-Ray.

PD Express can export to the following file formats:

Pro/Engineer (.pdt file), MEDUSA, IGES, STEP, VDA, ProductView, Stereo Lith,
VRML

Does anybody have any suggestions as to which file format I should Export to
then convert to a POV-Ray file?

-Jonathan Klein

Post a reply to this message

> PD Express can export to the following file formats:
>
> Stereo Lith, VRML

STL2POV
http://www.killozap.de/DOWNLOAD/download.html

VRML2POV