POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Irradiance Server Time
4 Aug 2024 08:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Irradiance (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Daniel Ngu
Subject: Irradiance
Date: 31 May 2003 09:36:02
Message: <3ed8afc2@news.povray.org>
Hi,
   What is the equivalent of irradiance in POV-Ray? I can't seem to find any
information in the help document.

Thanks.

Daniel.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: Re: Irradiance
Date: 31 May 2003 12:52:05
Message: <3ed8ddb5$1@news.povray.org>
"Daniel Ngu" <ngu### [at] xtraconz> wrote...
> Hi,
>    What is the equivalent of irradiance in POV-Ray? I can't seem to find
any
> information in the help document.

If you're referring to "irradiance" in VirtuaLight, then you should check
out the POV feature called "radiosity."  They're basically the same feature,
with the same underlying algorithm.  Interestingly enough, VirtuaLight's
"irradiance" feature exhibits the same corner-splotchiness as POV's
radiosity, which leads me to believe that the underlying algorithms
(specifically the parts that that re-use sample data) are VERY similar.

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message