POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ripples Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  ripples (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Jos Tellings
Subject: ripples
Date: 27 May 2003 14:22:05
Message: <3ed3accd$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am making a water surface. I do that with a texture on a plane. I want
ripples around a stone in the water. How can I make ripples only there, and
not in the whole sea?

Thank you very much,

JT

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Re: ripples
Date: 27 May 2003 14:51:31
Message: <3ed3b3b3@news.povray.org>
Use a heightfield. Create a top-view
on the stone, make an image of that.
Now draw waves around the stone using
another layer, and just export the layer
of waves. Use that as basis for the heightfield.

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> Hi,
>
> I am making a water surface. I do that with a texture on a plane. I want
> ripples around a stone in the water. How can I make ripples only there,
and
> not in the whole sea?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> JT