POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to control image size ... ? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 12:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  How to control image size ... ? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Will
Subject: How to control image size ... ?
Date: 21 May 2003 19:40:05
Message: <web.3ecc0d1b456135df8782fd950@news.povray.org>
The default image size on my little test program is 511,382 ???? How do I
control the image size?  If I change it will it change the 'resolution' of
the image?

Thanks.....

WDFLANNERY

Post a reply to this message

From: simian
Subject: Re: How to control image size ... ?
Date: 22 May 2003 00:55:33
Message: <3ecc5845$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 21 May 2003 19:35:26 -0400, Will wrote:

> The default image size on my little test program is 511,382 ???? How do
> I control the image size?  If I change it will it change the
> 'resolution' of the image?

	If using the windows gui size is an option. It can also be specified
from the command line or with an .ini file. The camera ratio needs be set
to the height/width ratio.

	The resolution you see is determined by your screen. If you want to
print an image you have to render enough dots to match the print
resolution and size. Say you want to print a 4x3 inch image at 300 dpi
you need to set the output to 1200x900.

	For an 10x8 panoramic the camera ratio needs be set at 5/4*x and the
size to 3000x2400.