POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray x x x x x > textfile Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  povray x x x x x > textfile (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
Subject: povray x x x x x > textfile
Date: 13 May 2003 14:20:33
Message: <3ec13771@news.povray.org>
Hello all!

     Sorry, but I don't speak english very good...

     I need to redirect POV-Ray output to a textfile, but I can't do it with
traditional methods:

echo "Hello world">textfile

     When I use a same sintax to POV-Ray, the output file will be empty.

     I will use it to work POV-Ray + Perl + PHP scritps...

Thanks!!!!

--

mar### [at] lc3combr
Linux Registred User # 280238

Post a reply to this message

>      Sorry, but I don't speak english very good...
>
>      I need to redirect POV-Ray output to a textfile, but I can't do it with
> traditional methods:
>
> echo "Hello world">textfile

You can either use the option '+GAtextfile' or redirect stderr:

povray -variousoptions- 2> textfile

Christoph

Date: 13 May 2003 18:38:55
Message: <3ec173ff$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks Christoph!

     If I know more words in english or deutsche certain I will express
gratitude to you. :-)

--

mar### [at] lc3combr
Linux Registred User # 280238