POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Opteron 64 bit CPU : POV benchmark Server Time
4 Aug 2024 10:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Opteron 64 bit CPU : POV benchmark (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Fabien HENON
Subject: Opteron 64 bit CPU : POV benchmark
Date: 1 May 2003 17:23:43
Message: <3eb1905f@news.povray.org>
Here are some results on the new AMD Opteron for those who are
interested in rendering times.

http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=55000263

Fabien H

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Opteron 64 bit CPU : POV benchmark
Date: 1 May 2003 19:01:02
Message: <3eb1a72e@news.povray.org>
Fabien HENON <fab### [at] freefr> wrote:
> http://www.aceshardware.com/read.jsp?id=55000263

  It would be quite awesome if a 1GHz Itanium II can render about three
times faster than a 1.8GHz Opteron or a 2.8GHz Xeon.

  Since that one was not made by them, I wonder if there's some other
explanation (eg. the one who made the test used no antialiasing or the
wrong resolution).