POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Retrieving Speed from Moving object Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Retrieving Speed from Moving object (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: Retrieving Speed from Moving object
Date: 9 Apr 2003 16:57:15
Message: <cjameshuff-07536C.16561109042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e8e209c@news.povray.org>,
 "Tim Nikias v2.0" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> We're talking about the same thing. Yes, I'd have to
> generate the speed myself, from two different stills.

I don't know how you can get that from what I said. I'll try to make it
simple: you are going at it backwards. You specified the object, so you
must already know how fast it is going. Compute the speed from your
object parameters, not from the generated frames.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message