POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Has anyone else noticed... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 20:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Has anyone else noticed... (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: Has anyone else noticed...
Date: 28 Mar 2003 12:03:35
Message: <3e848067$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3e846157@news.povray.org...
> Renderdog <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:
> > Many people take it to be a photo.
>
>   I wonder if Gilles could some time make a version of this image with
> some addition which shows more clearly that it's not a photo. Something
> like a tyrannosaurus rex walking on the street or something...

Well, if bloody great shadows on clouds don't do it, I vote for King Kong with a
big pov logo on his butt.

Post a reply to this message

From: gonzo
Date: 28 Mar 2003 15:10:09
Message: <web.3e84ab505fea5aaba0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Slime wrote:
>Maybe this has been brought up before, but I've never seen it mentioned.
>Probably Gilles Tran has noticed it, at least.
>
>Did anyone else notice that in The Wet Bird, the tall building in the
>background (empire state?) casts a shadow on the sky?
>
>Its point is sticking into the solid sky and there's a shadow coming from
>that point as though there's a light source down and to the left.

I'd noticed that too. I figured that was there intentionally just so you'd
know it wasn't a photo ;-)

RG

Post a reply to this message