POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield of Earth? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield of Earth? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Heightfield of Earth?
Date: 4 Mar 2003 07:43:40
Message: <3e649f7c@news.povray.org>
Does anyone have a heightfield of the
earth in its entity (only landmasses needed),
or know a functional link where I can down-
load it?
I've already downloaded some of the maps
from NASA, but I'm working on my
"reflective sphere on checkered plane" and
would like to create a fairly nice image of the
earth as the sphere...

Thanks in advance,
Tim

PS: Can't find anything with google, though I
perhaps I don't have the correct words
for searching at hand (topography, heightfield,
earth, image, download)...

--
Tim Nikias 2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde