POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield of Earth? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Heightfield of Earth? (Message 9 to 18 of 18)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Subject: Re: Heightfield of Earth?
Date: 4 Mar 2003 13:24:06
Message: <3e64ef46$1@news.povray.org>
That link was great! Exactly the kind of images I was
looking for! Thanks!

--
Tim Nikias 2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> http://www.jht.cjb.net/
>
> --
> POV-Ray Objects Collection: http://objects.povworld.org

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 4 Mar 2003 13:24:34
Message: <3e64ef62@news.povray.org>
Hm, looks very complicated to me. Haven't got the time
to dig into that right now, but I'll keep it in mind.

--
Tim Nikias 2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde

> > They ain't got the heightfield, just the "regular"
> > satellite photos. What I want is an image where
> > the highest peak of a mountain is colored white,
> > and the lowest point of earth colored black, and
> > in between all grays, you know?
> >

> Try using DEM files as your source instead
>
> http://www.ai.sri.com/digitalearth/.

Post a reply to this message