POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadows on a clear surface Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Shadows on a clear surface (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rib Rdb
Subject: Shadows on a clear surface
Date: 19 Feb 2003 04:13:45
Message: <3e534ac9@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to make a surface that will have a semi-transparent
shadow cast on it, but everywhere except the shadow is transparent?

Post a reply to this message

From: Xplo Eristotle
Subject: Re: Shadows on a clear surface
Date: 19 Feb 2003 07:59:50
Message: <3e537fc6@news.povray.org>
Rib Rdb wrote:
> Is there any way to make a surface that will have a semi-transparent
> shadow cast on it, but everywhere except the shadow is transparent?

You can get this effect by making the surface not quite fully
transparent. If you think about what causes shadows you should realize
why this is necessary.

-Xplo

Post a reply to this message