POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV opject to mesh Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  POV opject to mesh (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Vadim Sytnikov
Subject: POV opject to mesh
Date: 14 Feb 2003 08:59:04
Message: <3e4cf628$1@news.povray.org>
I need a converter (a POV macro or a stand-alone utility) that would convert
a POV-Ray object to a mesh. Requirements are these:

1) Should be able to convert arbitrary objects, not just select primitives.

2) Mesh should be in some widespread format (3DS/DWG/DXF/WRL/etc.)

3) Quality is not an issue at all. The two above requirements outweigh
quality issue completely... the thing is that the mesh is to be used just
like an UDO in the editor (and the editor is not the Moray, so .udo is not
an option).

Any suggestions?..

Post a reply to this message