POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : logarithm changed? Or has it? Yes, see inside for details Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  logarithm changed? Or has it? Yes, see inside for details (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: hughes, b
Subject: logarithm changed? Or has it? Yes, see inside for details
Date: 10 Feb 2003 23:04:08
Message: <3e487638@news.povray.org>
[edit: sorry for the goofy subject line]

This might seem trivial, or could simply be something I misremember.

Can anyone tell me if log() has been said to be better used if replaced by
ln(), natural logarithm? I keep thinking I read it somewhere, maybe the
source code. I checked the documentation and revision.txt for anything
saying something about this yet haven't found anything.
!
Nevermind. Gee, I can't even get a message finished sometimes before finding
answers. But for those of you now wondering what the heck I'm talking about
please see the section titled "Changed features that may 'break' old scenes"
at the web page below.

http://www.povray.org/download/features/

Probably a good idea for everyone to read that web page anyhow.

--
Farewell,
Bob

Post a reply to this message

> Nevermind. Gee, I can't even get a message finished sometimes before finding
> answers. But for those of you now wondering what the heck I'm talking about
> please see the section titled "Changed features that may 'break' old scenes"
> at the web page below.

There is such a section in the documentation as well...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde