POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dispersion question Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Dispersion question (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Kosina Josef
Subject: Dispersion question
Date: 7 Feb 2003 08:32:31
Message: <3e43b56f$1@news.povray.org>
I have read the Povray documentation, searching it's abilities. I was
unhappy
when I found out that Povray does not use dispersion but just some 'fake
caustics'.
First, I did not found nothing more about 'fake caustics' - I mean what
exactly and wow it does.
Second, does anyone here know some tool which REALY simulate dispersion?

        Thank You

Post a reply to this message

"Kosina.Josef" <kos### [at] felcvutcz> wrote in message
> I have read the Povray documentation, searching it's abilities. I was
> unhappy
> when I found out that Povray does not use dispersion but just some 'fake
> caustics'.
> First, I did not found nothing more about 'fake caustics' - I mean what
> exactly and wow it does.
> Second, does anyone here know some tool which REALY simulate dispersion?

Fake caustics are fast - for real dispersion, look for photons in the manual.

Post a reply to this message