POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "reference objects" Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  "reference objects" (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: "reference objects"
Date: 1 Feb 2003 09:14:40
Message: <3e3bd650@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I've been working with Moray for a couple years, and just recently started
learning to manipulate scenes in PovRay. One thing Moray has that I like is
the ability to create "reference objects", so that if you transform the
first object, all of the reference objects will automatically be transformed
in the same way. This is a great time saver. Does PovRay have a way of doing
the same thing?
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

> I've been working with Moray for a couple years, and just recently started
> learning to manipulate scenes in PovRay. One thing Moray has that I like
> is the ability to create "reference objects", so that if you transform the
> first object, all of the reference objects will automatically be
> transformed in the same way. This is a great time saver. Does PovRay have
> a way of doing the same thing?

Well... you can #declare a transform and then reuse it as many times as you
wish.

--

Linux User #289967 (counter.li.org)
PGP Pub Key ID: 0x01A95F99 (pgp.escomplinux.org)

Post a reply to this message

Or you can declare an object and then use it numerous times... transform the
declared object and you get what you want.
D.