POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Warning: No pigment type given. Server Time
5 Aug 2024 04:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Warning: No pigment type given. (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: Warning: No pigment type given.
Date: 10 Jan 2003 11:10:26
Message: <3e1ef072@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:3e1eee8e@news.povray.org...

>   This should not happen implicitly.
>   A subobject can perfectly have no normal specification (you don't want
> any normal modifications for it) and you want it to stay that way in the
> CSG as well, even though the overall texture for the CSG could have a
> normal specification.

This indeed was the problem I forsee with my proposal - IMHO though, it is more
common to want to apply a default texture than the reverse (well, if the word
'default' means anything;).

Perhaps an empty block when you don't want the default?

e.g.

texture{normal{}} // will receive default pigment and finish if specified, but
not normal

>   If anything, this functionality should be behind a keyword or something.

<snip>

Yeh, but by the time you've added a keyword, you've lost the (shorter) coding
advantage....

Post a reply to this message