POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pigment and texture Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  pigment and texture (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: czl
Subject: pigment and texture
Date: 25 Dec 2002 19:45:33
Message: <3e0a512d$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
    How can I implement the effect like TEXTURE_DECAL, TEXTURE_MODULATE, etc
which in OpenGL in the POV.

thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: pigment and texture
Date: 25 Dec 2002 20:39:19
Message: <chrishuff-FDF2B3.20343525122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e0a512d$1@news.povray.org>, "czl" <czl### [at] 192168.1.2> wrote:

>     How can I implement the effect like TEXTURE_DECAL, TEXTURE_MODULATE, etc
> which in OpenGL in the POV.

OpenGL uses a completely different rendering algorithm and description
method, there are no direct conversions. You might get what you want
with layered textures, though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/