POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blending effects... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Blending effects... (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: Re: Blending effects...
Date: 19 Dec 2002 16:19:28
Message: <chrishuff-D796D1.16141419122002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3e0231ce$1@news.povray.org>, "Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom>
wrote:

> If this is what you want (bright glows will obscure whatever is behind
> them), then just use spheres colored with the wood pattern and oriented to
> point at the camera.

Disc objects would be better. And maybe the cylindrical pattern instead
of wood, but there is very little difference. If you use spherical, you
won't have to mess around with reorient transformations. This is
approximately what the glow patch did internally, though with more
overhead (processing an intersection and casting an additional ray, and
not being able to re-use some calculations).

Use discs with diffuse to 0 and ambient to 1 and try filter or transmit
values > 1. Point the disc normal at the camera, and turn hollow on to
keep the disks from interacting with the camera.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message