POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : IGES or STEP -> VRML or POV Server Time
5 Aug 2024 06:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  IGES or STEP -> VRML or POV (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Nikumaru
Subject: IGES or STEP -> VRML or POV
Date: 26 Nov 2002 09:26:01
Message: <3de38479@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Does anyone know free converter program which converts IGES or STEP to
VRML or POV?
I have searched a lot of site, but I couldn't find it.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Nikumaru

Post a reply to this message

From: Tom Melly
Subject: Re: IGES or STEP -> VRML or POV
Date: 26 Nov 2002 09:32:31
Message: <3de385ff@news.povray.org>
"Nikumaru" <nik### [at] ybbnejp> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know free converter program which converts IGES or STEP to
> VRML or POV?
> I have searched a lot of site, but I couldn't find it.
> Any advice?
> Thanks in advance.

Try: http://server.scripthost.com/wwwboard?leepilkington,display,248

They are discussing STEP->VRML, not POV. The second reply has the most relevant
info, but the first, depending on your needs, might be worth checking.

Post a reply to this message

> They are discussing STEP->VRML, not POV. The second reply has the most
relevant
> info, but the first, depending on your needs, might be worth checking.

Post a reply to this message

and doing a VRML output. And if I got the time (think about 2 weeks it also
generates mesh2 objects :-))

Best regards,

Patrik Muller