POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to pass array of values to a macro Server Time
5 Aug 2024 08:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  how to pass array of values to a macro (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Johan Feyaerts
Subject: how to pass array of values to a macro
Date: 12 Nov 2002 12:30:06
Message: <3dd13a9e$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Need some help on syntax.
I 'd want to pass an array of values to a macro? Is this possible in pov
3.5? What's the syntax? How do you check how many elements are in the array
and how do you access them?
Johan Feyaerts
http://users.skynet.be/johan.feyaerts

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: how to pass array of values to a macro
Date: 12 Nov 2002 12:48:29
Message: <Xns92C4C0309A268seed7@povray.org>
in news:3dd13a9e$1@news.povray.org Johan Feyaerts wrote:

> I 'd want to pass an array of values to a macro?

#macro NumberItems(Array)
  #local Return=dimension_size(Array,1);
  (Return)
#end

#declare Arr=array[5]{1,2,3,4,5}

#declare Num=NumberItems(Arr);

#debug str(Num,0,0)

Also look in the docs for "dimension" to figure out the amount of
dimensions of an array.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message