POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New license for include file Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  New license for include file (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Re: New license for include file
Date: 23 Oct 2002 22:56:52
Message: <3db76174$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
> Greg M. Johnson wrote:
>> There is little difference in the effect on a freeware
>> community between your new policy and your old one.
>
> Oh sorry, I didn't know you spoke on behalf of the community.

Okay, how about there might be resentment of those who criticize any
for-profit venture within a freeware community?

Post a reply to this message

From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 24 Oct 2002 01:16:48
Message: <3db78240@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote in message
>
>>I'm sorry, I have no idea about what you're talking about.
>>Making *what* shareware has the same effect on the
>>community as *what*?
>
> "Voluntary donations" is what I meant by "shareware".  There is little
> difference in the effect on a freeware community between your new policy and
> your old  one.

I can't agree, FWIW. As long as Rune's not beating anyone over the head
to do it, "voluntary" is the key here. There's a big difference between
demanding money and asking for it; compare the RIAA to a street
musician, for instance.

-Xplo