POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Asking for suggestions... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 10:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Asking for suggestions... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Slime
Subject: Asking for suggestions...
Date: 20 Oct 2002 16:58:17
Message: <3db318e9@news.povray.org>
Most of you know that I'm creating a lot of noise generator features. I've
created a new syntax for these:

noise_generator {
 4
 slice 10
 repeat 20
 match_second_derivatives on
}

This works great for patterns.

I realized, though, that people will want something to replace
f_noise3d(x,y,z). So I figured the best solution to this would be to create
a noise_generator function type:

function my_noise_gen {
 noise_generator {
  4
  slice 10
  repeat 20
  match_second_derivatives on
 }
}

which could later be used like my_noise_gen(x,y,z).

I've spent most of today turning the noise generator into an actual object
so that I should be able to do this next. However, one problem remains:
internal functions. These functions (like f_ridged_mf) currently take a
noise generator *number* as an argument. However, this makes it impossible
to use the extra features.

So what I need is some sort of syntax to let the user decide what noise
generator to use with an internal function. I can't come up with anything.
Any suggestions?

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message