POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photons...out of memory? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Photons...out of memory? (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Photons...out of memory?
Date: 7 Sep 2002 18:49:29
Message: <3D7A8406.9090906@aol.com>
Can anyone make sense of this?  Even better, suggest how to fix it?  I
am running povray3.5 under w2k on an Athlon 650 with 512 mb of ram.  My
photons block is as follows:

     photons {
       count 100000
       media 100    // media photons
       max_trace_level 5
       save_file "fotons"
       autostop 0
     }

The message screen was as follows:

ZLib 1.1.4, Copyright 1995-1998 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
  LibPNG 1.2.1, Copyright 2000, 2001 Glenn Randers-Pehrson
  LibJPEG 6b, Copyright 1998 Thomas G. Lane
  LibTIFF 3.5.7, Copyright 1988-1997 Sam Leffler, 1991-1997 Silicon
Graphics, Inc.

This Windows port by Christopher J. Cason.

Loaded 8 tools from D:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS
V3.5\INI\PVTOOLS.INI into Tool Menu.

Preset INI file is 'D:\PROGRAM FILES\POV-RAY FOR WINDOWS
V3.5\renderer\quickres.ini', section is '[800x571, AA 0.1]'.
Preset source file is 'D:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.5\include\claesz\stilllife.pov'.
Rendering using command line '+otest003 -gw  -c Palette=T'.
Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.5 win32 (.icl)
   This is an official version prepared by the POV-Ray Team. See the
    documentation on how to contact the authors or visit us on the
    internet at http://www.povray.org/.
Copyright 1991-2002 POV-Ray Team(tm)
This Windows version by Christopher J. Cason
Parsing Options
   Input file: D:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows
v3.5\include\claesz\stilllife.pov (compatible to version 3.5)
   Remove bounds........On  Split unions........Off
   Library paths: D:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\INCLUDE
     D:\WINNT\Fonts
Output Options
   Image resolution 800 by 571 (rows 1 to 571, columns 1 to 800).
   Output file: test003.bmp, 24 bpp (system format)
   Graphic display......On  (type: 0, palette: T, gamma:  2.2)
   Mosaic preview......Off
   CPU usage histogram.Off
   Continued trace.....Off  Allow interruption..Off  Pause when done.....Off
   Verbose messages.....On
Tracing Options
   Quality:  9
   Bounding boxes.......On  Bounding threshold: 3
   Light Buffer.........On  Vista Buffer.........On  Draw Vista Buffer...Off
   Antialiasing.........On  (Method 1, Threshold 0.100, Depth 3, Jitter
1.00)
Animation Options
   Clock value....   0.000  (Animation off)
Redirecting Options
   All Streams to console.........Off
   Debug Stream to console.........On
   Fatal Stream to console.........On
   Render Stream to console........On
   Statistics Stream to console....On
   Warning Stream to console......Off

Scene contains 11 frame level objects; 1 infinite.
Slab Building Error: Out of memory.  Cannot allocate 327680 bytes for
photons.

Returned from renderer with error status

Post a reply to this message